4 Days Ajanta and Ellora Caves Tour – 3 Nights/ 4 Days private guided tour of Mumbai – Aurangabad – Mumbai – includes pick/drop from/to Mumbai Airport/ Hotel, 3 nights stay in quality Hotels, Breakfast, AC Car with Driver and Guide.
This World Heritage site tour starts at Mumbai from where we will take you to Aurangabad from where we will proceed for full day Excursion to Ajanta Caves which were crafted by Buddhist monks in 2nd Century.
The caves exhibit Beautiful frescoes, wall paintings and vivid sculptures which reflect the peak of ancient Indian art and architecture. The next day we will explore Ellora Caves where you can see the most famous image of Lord Shiva sculpted on the rocks-the largest monolith in the world. Later we will explore Pithalkora caves which are located 78 kms from Aurangabad and famous for intricate work on the sculptured facades.
We will also explore Daulatabad fortress at Daulatabad, famous for its series of trick defenses, secret escape routes. We will visit Bibi-ka-Maqbara, built in memory of Aurangazeb’s wife RabiaDurrani and also Panchakki or Water Mill, an ingenious creation of Mughal engineers who used it to harness water to run large grinding stones which served as a flour mill.
Travel Plan Details:
Day – 01Mumbai – Aurangabad by air
Arrive Aurangabad & transfer to hotel at Aurangabad .City tour of Aurangabad .Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day – 02 Aurangabad – Ajanta
Breakfast at the Hotel. After breakfast proceed for full day .Excursion to Ajanta – (closed on Monday)These 2nd century caves are fine achievements by Buddhist monks. Beautiful frescoes, wall paintings and vivid sculptures reflect the peak of ancient Indian art and architecture. The horseshoe shaped gorge has 30 caves dividend in two phases.Return back to Hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day – 03 Aurangabad – Ellora Caves – Pithalkora
Breakfast at the Hotel. After Breakfast proceed for sightseeing of Ellora Caves (closed on Tuesday) – The World Heritage site, one of the finest examples of rockcut caves , there are 34 caves, Cave 16 is the most famous and has Lord Shiva sculpted on the rocks-the largest monolith in the world. After Ellora Caves, further proceed for Pithalkora Caves:-Pithalkora caves are about 78 kms. From Aurangabad. The intricate work on the sculptured facades in these caves is definitely worth a visit. Return back to Hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day – 04 Aurangabad –Mumbai or Delhi
Breakfast at the Hotel. After breakfast proceed to The Daulatabad fortress was an old Hindu stronghold originally called Devgiri Fort.
Emperor Mohammed-bin-Tughlaq captured and plundered it in the 13th century and made it the second capital of the Delhi Sultanate renaming it Daulatabad. It is famous for its series of trick defences, secret escape routes etc..Bibi-ka-Maqbara, built in memory of Aurangazeb’s wife RabiaDurrani. Panchakki or Water Mill, an ingenious creation of Mughal engineers who used it to harness water to run large grinding stones which served as a flour mill. The tomb of a muslim saint lies in the garden beyond the which served as a flour mill.
Proceed to airport to catch onward flight.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Daily breakfast included
- Meeting and assistance on arrival and departures
- Chauffeured air-conditioned vehicles for all transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours
- English speaking guide will be provided for sightseeing and excursion tours
- All currently applicable taxes
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone, fax, internet, beverages, camera / video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc.
- Local payments in domestic currency, such as entry fees to monuments, tips and gratuities
- Any ride, monument entry fees
- Domestic / International air fare
- Indian Visa Fees
- Any other services not mentioned in Price Inclusions above
- 7 Days Odisha Tour
- 6 Days Tour of Cochin, Munnar, Kumarakom and Alleppey
- 7 Days Tour of Cochin, Periyar, Kumarakom and Alleppey
- 9 Days Scenic Kerala Tour
- 10 Days South India Splendors Tour
- 11 Days Tour of Highlights of South India
- 13 Days Glimpses of South India Tour
To book this tour or to get this tour customized to your requirements, please contact us. While filling the Contact Form below, please specify the tour you like, travel dates, number of people travelling and the accommodation type / budget for your tour. Also, let us know what all changes you would like us to make and if you have any other requirements. This will help us understand your needs in a better way and respond with complete information.